1. When does the season start and end? Our classes start the second week of September and end with our Spring Recital the first Saturday of June. Our calendar has more information.
2. Is there a dress code? We do not have a formal dress code. For younger children, any cute dance attire they want to wear is fine with their their hair pulled off their face. Older dancers are required to wear dance appropriate clothing such as leotards, dance shirts, tank tops/t-shirts, and dance shorts/pants/tights/leggings with their hair tied up in a ponytail or bun.
3. What shoes do I need? Ballet: Pink leather ballet slippers for girls and black leather ballet slippers for boys; split sole shoes required for advanced dancers. Tap: Black patent leather tap shoes; flexible sole shoes required for advanced dancers. Jazz: Tan leather split sole jazz shoes without laces. Lyrical & Contemporary: Foot Undeez, Dance Paws or barefoot. Hip Hop: Hip Hop sneakers; see teacher.
4. How much do costumes typically cost? We try to keep the price of costumes as reasonable as possible. Costumes for our younger dancers are usually a two in one costume running $55-$65. Older dancers costumes are $60-$80.
5. Any other performance opportunities? We do perform a Holiday show every year with limited selected classes, the first Saturday in December. This is a casual holiday event. Click here for more information. We also have a competition team that competes locally two times during the season, typically in March and April.
DWA UPTON 26 School Street Upton, MA 01568
DWA UXBRIDGE 6 Mendon Road Uxbridge, MA 01569
CONTACT US 508.529.3234 firstname.lastname@example.org Mailing Address: P.O. Box 634 Upton, Ma 01568